Fresh Tomato Bruschetta. The topping for this simple Fresh Tomato Bruschetta appetizer can be put together ahead of time and refrigerated. We also love it on top of grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers and homemade pizza. —Samantha Cass, Swartz Creek, Michigan Directions. Halve tomatoes then remove and discard the majority of the seeds.
In a bowl, mix all ingredients except bread and garlic cloves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toast bread on a baking sheet. You can have Fresh Tomato Bruschetta using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- You need 1/8 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh basil chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 5 of plum tomatoes, seeded, diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of red onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Prepare 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 loaf of long baguette roll (bread).
Remove from oven and top with tomatoes. Serve immediately and top with fresh parsley if desired. Ingredients in this Fresh Tomato Bruschetta: ripe tomatoes. fresh basil. garlic. white balsamic vinegar. olive oil. sea salt. Dice your tomatoes up and place them in a bowl with the minced garlic, and chopped basil.
Fresh Tomato Bruschetta step by step
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except the bread) and toss gently. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend..
- Pre-heat the broiler (low setting). Place oven rack about 6” from the top. If no low setting is available, place rack about 8” from the top..
- Cut bread at a slight angle into 1/2" to 3/4” slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle the top of each slice with olive oil and toast under low-heat broiler until lightly browned. Check at 1 minute intervals..
- Remove the sheet from the oven and top each slice with the tomato mixture that’s now near room temperature. Place the individual slices on a serving platter and serve promptly..
Drizzle with vinegar and oil and sprinkle with salt. In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, basil, olive oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This fresh tomato and basil bruschetta is a common dish around our house as it is so easy and so delicious. It is especially popular when fresh tomatoes and basil are coming out of the garden.