Taco Salad. All the standard taco salad fixings (ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and onion) are chopped and tossed together with two kinds of cheese, purple kidney beans, Thousand Island dressing and a generous helping of corn chips to create a kaleidoscopic party-pleaser. Brown ground beef and taco seasoning. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and drain excess fat.
Ingredients of Taco Salad
- You need 1 head of romaine, shredded.
- You need 5 oz of seasoned vegetarian ground beef, cooked.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, sautéed + juilenned.
- You need 4 of mushrooms, sautéed + diced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olives, pitted + sliced.
- It’s 2-3 of small sweet peppers, diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1 of ripe avocado, sliced.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of Italian dressing.
- You need of Tortilla chips (optional).
- It’s of Sour cream (optional).
I top each serving with a creamy guacamole dressing, crunchy corn chips and cheese. —Kimberly Dray, Pflugerville, Texas. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the black beans and stir gently to combine. Taco salads are often mistakenly considered healthy by virtue of being called a salad.
Taco Salad instructions
- Layer lettuce onto plates. Top with tomatoes, beef, mushrooms, onions, corn, avocados, peppers, cheese, and olives. Drizzle with dressing. *Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream..
In reality, beef, cheese, dressing and tortilla chips do add extra calories and carbs. However, if you are following a healthier diet and still love to indulge in the occasional taco salad, take heart! Taco salad is one of the ultimate weeknight recipes. When there's not much time to make something taco salad is a great option, especially this version which uses ground beef (no dicing up chicken or beef), bottled salsa to add lots of flavor without the prep, and pre-shredded cheese. Stir seasoning into the ground beef until combined.