Baked Ziti (with kale). To milk mixture, add tomatoes, salt, pepper, sausage, pasta and kale and stir to combine. To milk mixture, add tomatoes, salt, pepper, sausage, pasta and kale and stir to combine. Return pasta to the stockpot and add the sausage, garlic and kale.
While the sausage is browning, cook the pasta al dente in the stockpot of boiling water according to package instructions. Return pasta to the stockpot and add the sausage, garlic, and kale. Gently toss to combine until the kale is dark green and slightly wilted. You can have Baked Ziti (with kale) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti (with kale)
- Prepare 12 of oz. Ziti, cooked al dente.
- You need 1 of bunch Kale, boiled and squeezed dry.
- It’s 1 of lb. ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion, chopped fine.
- You need 3 of cloves Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of 26 oz. Spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1 of can diced Tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1 of tbl. Sugar.
- It’s 1 of tsp. pepper and garlic salt, each.
- You need 1 of tbl. Oregano.
- It’s 32 of oz. Ricotta.
- Prepare 8 of oz shredded Motzarella.
- It’s 8 of oz Asiago or Parm, shredded.
- You need 8 of oz Provolone, sliced.
On a separate baking sheet, combine the kale and broccoli. Add the chicken sausage and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until well. Coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Baked Ziti (with kale) instructions
- Brown beef with onion and garlic, drain..
- Mix tomato products and spices, add meat..
- Mix cheeses (except provalone) and kale..
- Place 1 cup tomato mix in bottom of large pan. Add 1/2 of ziti. Add 1/2 cheese mixture..
- Repeat, topping with sauce..
- Cover with provolone cheese..
- Bake 375 until bubbly and brown. About 35 mins..
- Let stand 10 mins. and serve..
Add the kale and mushrooms, season with salt and black pepper. Transfer the mixture to the large bowl with the pasta and set aside. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti. Cover the bottom half of the pan with about half the sauce.