Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti.
Pour remaining sauce on top of ziti. Baked ziti is classic Italian-American comfort food! Bake ziti pasta with sausage, tomato sauce, and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. You can have Baked Ziti using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 1 box of 8oz Ziti Noodles.
- It’s 1 jar of of sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mozzarella or fresh Parmesan.
- It’s 1 packages of italian sausage links or ground beef.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic or 1 half tablespoon.
- It’s 1 loaf of Italian baguette or favorite bread to make garlic bread.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes sliced.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
This easy baked ziti recipe is always a hit! Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Baked ziti can become dry for several reasons. When assembling the dish, be sure to cover the pasta with enough of the sauce so that the noodles don't dry out.
Baked Ziti instructions
- Boil pasta as directed and cook sausage links or ground beef.
- Add sauce, sliced sausage link, chopped garlic, parmesan salt and pepper water and mix then pour into 9"x13" greased baking pan.
- Arrange garlic bread on mixture and sprinkle mozzarella over it.
- Put olive oil in small bowl and toss tomatoes then place tomatoes on top of bread and bake on 400 for 25 minutes or until heated. Let sit for five minutes before serving.
Also, to prevent moisture from evaporating while cooking, cover the dish tightly with foil. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish. It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me, then you use mostaciolli noodles. Some people just use tomato/marinara sauce. That, of course, would never fly in this house.