Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta. Spread ricotta cheese and spinach mixture over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place egg in a shallow bowl.
Ingredients of Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta
- You need 4 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 package of frozen spinach.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic plus.
- Prepare 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 package of fettuccine noodles.
- You need 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare 12 strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 jar of favorite Alfredo sauce.
Add the cooked and drained pasta into the sauté pan and stir together with the spinach and sauce. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the reserved chicken and stir to combine. Make the Stuffing: In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, Gorgonzola, and bacon and mix well.
Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken with pasta instructions
- Slice a pocket in the chicken breasts.
- Set aside.
- Dethaw frozen spinach in microwave 2 minutes.
- Mix ricotta , garlic, spinach, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stuff into chicken pockets, secure with toothpicks.
- Grease 8×10 casserole dish and lay chicken vertically.
- Open stewed tomatoes and pour over chicken, cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bring salted water to a boil..
- Slice cooked bacon and sundried tomatoes mix in a bowl with 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Place chicken in the oven, and cook pasta until al Dente , drain and add sundried tomatoes, bacon and Alfredo sauce to pasta.
- Simmer on low heat until sundried tomatoes are soft wait until chicken is ready (about 35-40 minutes).
- Remove chicken from oven (as well as toothpicks!!).
- Place on plate with pasta , add your favourite salad or rice!!.
Add the egg, mix well, and set aside. Make the Sauce: Combine the wine. Thaw spinach and use paper towels to soak up as much excess water as possible. You want your spinach nice and dry. Put in a bowl with the ricotta, salt, pepper and mix well.