Lasagna. Looking For A Lasagna Appetizer That Is Sure To Be A Hit? Find Quick & Easy Lasagna Recipes The Whole Family Will Love. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
Lasagna This classic lasagna is made with an easy meat sauce as the base. Layer the sauce with noodles and cheese, then bake until bubbly! Drain and pat dry the noodles. You can have Lasagna using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It’s 1 of # ground beef.
- It’s 1 of # pork (or sweet sausage).
- Prepare 1/2 C of onion, minced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 C of water, slightly less.
- It’s 2 T of white sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 T of fresh parsley, chopped (4 tsp dried).
- It’s 12 of lasagna noodles.
- It’s 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 3 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s 3/4 C of parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Remove from heat and drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. Add the sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, pepper and 2T parsley (2 tsp dried). Add the red pepper flakes if using. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, 2T parsley (2 tsp dried) and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2C of meat sauce on the bottom. Put a single layer of noodles over the meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1C of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with some of the parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 2 times and the top will be the cheeses. Cover with sprayed foil to prevent the cheese sticking to it..
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into your lasagna..
- I had an 8oz roll of mozzarella cheese on hand, so I sliced it and put it on the cheese layers..
When you're in need for a comforting dish, this Classic Lasagna is the perfect recipe. We love the cheese combinations of this recipe: shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella slices. Yes, each cheese has a reason to be in this recipe. Lasagna is always a family favorite, and for good reason. Classic, homemade lasagna is pure comfort food, and while it takes a little effort to put together, it's easy to cook and feeds a crowd.