Chicken Chorizo Lasagna. Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add jalapenos. In a bowl, combine eggs and ricotta. Top with four noodles, a third of the ricotta mixture, half of the meat.
Cook chicken for a few minutes then add crushed oxo cube. Fry off for a few minutes. Add the chopped peppers and courgettes, basil and tin tomatoes and squeeze of ketchup. You can make Chicken Chorizo Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chorizo Lasagna
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeno peppers (if you like heat keep the seeds).
- It’s 1 of cooked rotisserie chicken (2 1/2 lbs) shredded.
- You need 1 packages of (15 oz) chorizo * I used one 10oz beef chorizo.
- It’s 2 each of eggs lightly beaten *next time I will only use one.
- It’s 1 each of (15 oz) ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 4 can of 10 oz each enchilada sauce * I used only 3 cans of mild enchilada sauce and it was still soupy..
- Prepare 12 of no cook lasagna noodles ( I only used 9).
- You need 4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese * I eye balled it..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced cilantro (for presentation).
In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chorizo and jalapenos until chorizo is done. Add the ground chicken, chorizo sausage and red onion. Cook until the meat has slightly browned. Add all of the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
Chicken Chorizo Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chorizo and jalapenos until chorizo is done. Drain. Add chicken..
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and egg. ( I seasoned this with salt and pepper.).
- Take a greased 13 x 9 in baking dish and spread 1 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom. Place your noodles on top. Then 1/3 of your ricotta mixture. And 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Then the shredded cheese. And finally enchilada sauce. (I did not use a whole can here). Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese..
- Baked covered for 45 – 50 minutes. Then bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Cilantro and let it stand for 15 minutes before serving. ( I did not do the Cilantro here because I made pico de gallo)..
- * The original recipe also added a recipe for avacado cream sauce which includes 2 medium avacados (peeled, pitted and halved), 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt all blended together until smooth. ( I did not make this but had sour cream, Guacamole, and pico de gallo. The lasagna needs a touch of freshness to give it a lift.).
To make the white sauce, melt the butter over a medium heat. Drain grease from pan and discard. Stir to combine and gently mash bean mixture, leaving some texture. In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chorizo and jalapenos until chorizo is done. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and egg. ( I seasoned this with salt and pepper.).