Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw.
You can have Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh shrimp, peeled and devained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of limes.
- It’s 3 cup of shredded red cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
- Prepare 12 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 of lime wedges (optional).
Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw instructions
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a resealable plastic bag combine Olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp salt; add shrimp; chill 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, finely shred peel from lime; juice lime. For lime slaw, in a large bowl combine the lime peel, lime juice, cabbage, and remaining salt. Set aside..
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and chipotle pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas in foil..
- Thread shrimp on skewers. On a covered grill, grill tortilla packet directly over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Add shrimp to grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through grilling..
- Remove tortilla packet from grill. Remove shrimp from skewers..
- To serve, spread tortillas with sour cream mixture. Top with lime slaw and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro and pass lime wedges..