Cherry Pie. Gourmet Food, Food Gifts & Mail Order Foods Shipped to Your Door Anywhere! Cream cheese and whipped topping folded together make this no-bake pie light and fluffy. This is a quick and easy dessert.
Make our Easy Cherry Pie with Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts and canned cherries, and get this delicious dessert in the oven with minimal effort. This four-ingredient treat is perfect for holiday celebrations or a family gathering any time of the year. Reimagine your homemade cherry pie recipe and discover a fuss-free way to make this classic dish. You can have Cherry Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Cherry Pie
- It’s 4.5 cups of frozen cherries (I used tart red cherries, sweet black cherries, and blueberries).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of medium egg (egg white).
- You need 2 of pie crusts.
- It’s of Pie Crust.
Bake an all-American Cherry Pie recipe from Food Network using fresh or frozen cherries and a buttery pie dough crust for a fruity summer dessert. Pour cherry mixture into the prepared pie pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crusts, crimp the edges to seal, and cut vents into the top with a sharp knife. Place the pie on a foil-covered baking sheet.
Cherry Pie instructions
- Make pie crusts — see instructions for “Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts)”.
- Preheat oven after dough has set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough for bottom crust and lay into the pie dish.
- Mix cherry mixture, sugar, cornstarch vanilla extract and almond extract into a bowl and let sit out for 20 mins to thaw (but be sure to keep the cherries cold).
- Add cherry mixture into the pie crust, and then layer the top crust on the top of the mixture. Press the edges together with your fingers (I used a fork, as well) to seal the edges..
- Use egg whites to lather on top of the top crust and add your desired slit pattern..
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400, then decrease to 375 for 35 minutes. This decreases burning the edges of the crust!.
- Let the pie cool completely (or mostly 😉) before cutting and serving..
In a large bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, extract, salt, food coloring if desired and reserved juice. Cut vent slits in top crust, and flute edges. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. TIP: put sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large zip-loc bag. Add the cherries and toss to coat.