sunshine's apple turnovers. Find Deals on Apple Turnovers in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. sunshine's apple turnovers Brenda M. They taste like they're from a bakery but use one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts, puff pastry. Simply boil apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together and that becomes the turnover filling.
Gather scraps and reroll dough to cut out remaining shapes. Spoon apple pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture, and fold the puff pastry over. Make sure to pinch the tip of the triangle to keep the pastry from separating. You can have sunshine's apple turnovers using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of sunshine's apple turnovers
- It’s of crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Crisco shortening.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 4 1/2 tbsp of water.
- You need of apple filling.
- It’s 2 medium of apples (peeled and cored).
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s of topping the crust.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg beated.
Open the crescent roll package and separate the triangles on a parchment lined cookie sheet. In a small bowl mix the butter, apples, sugar, and cinnamon together. Add a dash of lemon juice. Welcome to Sunrise Orchards Vermont Wholesale Apples
sunshine's apple turnovers step by step
- sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until pieces are the size of a small pea crumbles.
- combine the vinegar and water in a separate bowl, now add the liquid mixture into the flour one tablespoon at a time, until the flour mixture is moist, and the dough is ready to be put on plastic wrap..
- dont over work the dough, you want it kinda crumbly but sticking together, cover the dough with the plastic wrap, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- now ready for your apples,in a bowl slice your apples thinly, add the lemon juice toss the apples well ,add your ginger , brown sugar and cinnamon, tossing to mix in with the apples.
- when dough is ready, roll out your dough on a light floured surface, roll the dough as thin as u can get it, I divided the dough into two balls, easier to roll out, now get a small bowl and cut out dough,.
- now let make the trun overs, spray your cookie sheet pan with cooking spray. place the dough on the baking pan, add sliced apples, on one side of dough, flip the dough to seal, useing a fork to seal around the edges..
- brush with egg on top of the dough, sprinkle white sugar on top..
- bake for 17 minutes till golden brown on 425°F,.
- you may add a little brown sugar in with the apple before sealing,.
FarmstandCornwall, Vermont Our mission is to grow an amazing apple – an apple which puts a proclamation into the eater's eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Let us take care of your Christmas ☃️ sweets! Cookies for Santa, sweet potato 🍠 pie, chocolate cream pie, red velvet cake, coconut meringue, egg custard, key lime cake and more. See recipes for Chausson aux Pommes (Puff Pastry Apple Pie Turnovers) too. I started the day out by doing my Daily Challenges in Solitaire and Mahjong games.