Apple Pie Casserole. Place sliced apples in prepared casserole dish. In a bowl, mix lemon juice and water; pour over the apples. In another small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; pour over the apples and the lemon/water mixture.
Top with apple mixture and included cinnamon roll icing. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. This comforting dish is equally perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast or dressed up holiday brunch. You can have Apple Pie Casserole using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Casserole
- Prepare 200 ml of egg whites.
- It’s 15 g of vanilla protein.
- It’s 200 g of no added sugar apple puree.
- Prepare 50 ml of almond milk.
- Prepare 30 g of 0 calorie maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 Tb of low calorie sweetener.
- You need 2 Tb of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 5 ml of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 slices of roughly broken bread.
- You need 1 of finely chopped red apple.
- It’s of Icing.
- Prepare 50 g of 0 fat vanilla yogurt.
- It’s 50 g of 0 calorie maple syrup.
Peel & slice apples approximately ¼″ thick. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and water. In a large bowl mix together the pancake mix, cinnamon and water. Purée the apple pie filling and stir into the pancake mixture.
Apple Pie Casserole step by step
- Pre heat oven to 250°c. Mix egg whites, protein powder, yogurt, Apple puree, almond milk, maple syrup, sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla in a bowl and pour into flat round dish..
- Mix in the bread and apple and mix it around, place in oven for 15 min..
- Mix the two frosting ingredients together and spread over the top when still hot..
Reserve the remaining apple pie filling for another time or double the recipe. For filling, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough. Remove from bag, and arrange pieces in baking dish.