Deep-Fried Donuts Pączki. Add all the ingredients except the jam in the bread machine and allow it to work its way through the first. Pączki, or Polish doughnuts, are eaten on Fat Thursday in Poland and Fat Tuesday in the United States. It's the last splurge before Lent begins.
Pączki are filled doughnuts found in Polish cuisine. Pączki are deep-fried pieces of dough shaped into spheres and filled with confiture or other sweet filling. Pączki are usually covered with powdered sugar, icing, glaze or bits of dried orange zest. You can make Deep-Fried Donuts Pączki using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Deep-Fried Donuts Pączki
- You need 380 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 6 grams of Salt.
- You need 40 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 60 grams of Butter.
- You need 10 grams of Skim milk powder.
- Prepare 5 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 5 grams of per donut Rose jam.
Pączki are traditional Polish donuts typically served before Lent means you have to hold off on delicious things like Pączki for a while. Polish Donuts are fried dough dusted in sugar and sometimes filled with jams or custards. What kind of Polish girl would I be if I didn't share this. Paczki are Polish deep-fried donuts that are filled with some sweet filling such as jam, custard, lemon curd or chocolate.
Deep-Fried Donuts Pączki step by step
- Add all the ingredients except the jam in the bread machine and allow it to work its way through the first proofing. Roll the dough into 25 g balls. Cover the dough with a damp towel while rolling them..
- Roll out a piece of the dough into a 10 cm diameter circle and wrap about 1 teaspoon of jam in it. Make sure to seal it tightly not to let the filling come out..
- Cover the jam wrapped dough with a damp cloth and let it rise for about 30 minutes. Heat the oil and deep-fry until golden brown..
- Place the donuts on the rack to drain the excess oil, and coat them with granulated sugar. They are especially delicious while hot..
- If any dough is left, roll out about 50 g of dough at a time into butter roll shapes, and let rise for 40-50 minutes in a warm place..
- Apply some egg wash and bake in the oven at 180℃ for 10-15 minutes..
They are usually covered with powdered sugar, icing, glaze or dried orange zest. They are simply and utterly delicious. What's the Difference Between Paczki and Donuts. Discover Pączki in : These Polish pre-Lent doughnuts have taken on a life (and an eating contest) of their own in the United States. Golden-brown with a characteristic light ring around the middle, these yeast-risen doughnuts are deep fried and covered with powdered sugar or fried orange zest.