Broccoli Cheese Soup. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix in milk and garlic powder.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- It’s 4 C of chopped BROCCOLI florets.
- You need 1 of small diced ONION.
- You need 3 of diced CARROTS.
- You need 1 C of diced CELERY.
- Prepare 3 C of shredded CHEDDAR CHEESE.
- You need 2 c of heavy cream.
- You need 2 t of butter.
- You need 5 cloves of minced GARLIC.
- Prepare of SALT and PEPPER to taste.
- Prepare 5 strips of BACON.
- You need of Shredded CHEDDAR Cheese to taste.
For anyone who loves baked potatoes or broccoli-cheese soup, this is the best of both worlds. Then everyone is happy, carnivore or not! Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Mix in the chicken stock and milk, and season with salt and white pepper.
Broccoli Cheese Soup instructions
- Place bacon in pot, saute until crispy. Drain..
- Add onions, carrots and celery to bacon drippings, cook until softened (10 minutes)..
- Add broccoli, cream and 2 cups water. Cook on low pressure 10 minutes, quick release..
- Slowly add shredded cheese stirring until melted and incorporated..
- Add butter and garlic, stir until melted, simmer 10 minutes to thicken to desired consistency..
- Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cheese and bacon..
Drain, remove vegetables and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour and stir to make smooth paste. Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.