Sliced Almond & Pear Cake.
Ingredients of Sliced Almond & Pear Cake
- It’s of Decorations:.
- It’s of Sliced almonds.
- You need of Pear compote (https://cookpad.com/en/recipe/1272146).
- It’s of Granulated sugar.
- You need of Toppings:.
- Prepare of Whipped cream (without sugar).
- Prepare of Mint leaves.
- You need of For the batter:.
- You need of ※Unsalted butter.
- Prepare of ※Milk.
- You need of Egg.
- Prepare of Vanilla oil (a small amount).
- Prepare of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare of ☆Cake flour.
- You need of ☆Corn starch.
- You need of ☆Baking powder.
- Prepare of Sliced almond.
Sliced Almond & Pear Cake step by step
- Bring the egg to room temperature. Melt the ingredients marked with ※ over a bain-marie. Sift the ☆ ingredients together. Line the cake tin with baking parchment..
- Drain, pat dry and slice the pear compote. You can use tinned ones. Pre-heat the oven to 170C..
- Break the egg into a bowl, placed over a bain-marie. Whisk the egg with your hand mixer and add the sugar in two batches..
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie after the egg mixture is warm to the touch. Continue to beat until pale in colour and add vanilla oil..
- Change to a spatula and add the ☆ ingredients in two batches, mixing after each addition. Add the sliced almond just before the mixture is well combined and fold gently..
- Pour the melted butter and milk from ① onto your spatula and distribute into the mixture evenly. Fold in until the mixture is glossy..
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin from ① and flatten the surface. Arrange the pear prepared in ② evenly..
- Scatter the sliced almond (for decoration) evenly over the cake and sprinkle with granulated sugar (for a better finish)..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the surface is golden brown. After cooling slightly, remove the cake from the tin..
- Serve the cake with loosely whipped cream without sugar to your taste..