Stetson chopped salad. Bestel nú op Stylight.nl Knock it out of the park at dinner with this composed salad recipe inspired by the crazy-popular Stetson Chopped Salad at Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, Arizona. It packs in colorful vegetables and a variety of textures from whole grains, seeds and a creamy homemade dressing for a photo-worthy, healthy meal. Keep it vegetarian or add smoked salmon or roasted chicken.
Layer salad ingredients in large bowl. With motor running pour in buttermilk. Dress salad as desired, tossing to combine. You can make Stetson chopped salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Stetson chopped salad
- It’s 1 cup of Israeli couscous.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomato (I use a quality heirloom) make a day ahead of time because it will be marinated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freeze dried sweet corn (ordered on amazon).
- It’s 1/2 cup of craisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of pepitas (toasted pumpkins seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated Asiago.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped arugula.
- Prepare 3-4 oz of quality chopped smoked salmon (substitute chicken if you do not like salmon).
- It’s of Basil buttermilk ranch (see my recipe) I make the dressing for this 2 days ahead of time.
- It’s of Avocado diced.
- It’s 1/4 of Balsamic.
- You need 2 tsp of Dried basil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Evo.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
The Stetson Chopped Salad, on the other hand, is like the up-and-coming Western girl hitting the big time. Its humble origin lies with Cowboy Ciao, a restaurant located, appropriately, on Stetson Drive in Scottsdale. A few years ago, some friends had us over for dinner and served a homemade version of the Stetson. It was an edible work of art.
Stetson chopped salad instructions
- The day before dice the tomatoes. Add the evo, balsamic, dried basil, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the tomatoes and coat well then add to an air tonight container and store over night in the fridge. Do not drown the tomatoes but merely allow them to be coated well..
- Boil the couscous first. When couscous is done drain them of any excess water then rinse under cool water to remove some of the starch so they don’t stick together, set aside. Make sure you buy the pearls and not couscous mixed with rice, see picture below..
- Lay the arugula down first then divide the ingredients however you want between two bowls/plates of your choice and grate fresh Asiago on top followed by the dressing, mix well..
- I like to add the salad to a mixing bowl, add the dressing, grate the cheese, toss really well then add back to the plate or bowl and serve with garlic cheese bread..
Place: Cowboy Ciao Restaurant, Scottsdale, Arizona I love trying different food. And I am always excited when a chef comes up with a unique combination that I would never EVER think to do. So here is my attempt to recreate the Stetson Chopped Salad from Cowboy Ciao Restaurant. Thus the Stetson Chopped Salad was born. Though Cowboy Ciao has shuttered, its most famous dish will undoubtedly live on at a handful of Valley restaurants, including Kantak's two spots.