Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti.
Pour remaining sauce on top of ziti. Baked ziti is classic Italian-American comfort food! Bake ziti pasta with sausage, tomato sauce, and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. You can make Baked Ziti using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 1 packages of Ziti.
- Prepare 3 cup of Sauce.
- It’s 15 oz of Ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Grated parm cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
This easy baked ziti recipe is always a hit! Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish. It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me, then you use mostaciolli noodles. Some people just use tomato/marinara sauce.
Baked Ziti step by step
- Cook pasta.
- In large bowl, stir together pasta, sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese..
- In small bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl.
- Put into glass baking dish and cover with sauce, parm, and other cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 30 mins.
That, of course, would never fly in this house. Baked ziti can become dry for several reasons. When assembling the dish, be sure to cover the pasta with enough of the sauce so that the noodles don't dry out. Also, to prevent moisture from evaporating while cooking, cover the dish tightly with foil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.