Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup. Add the broccoli, carrots and the sauteed onions, into the pot. Stir, add the milk and half & half. Put that in a blender (daughter request) along with the broccoli then back in the pot & thickened once it got hot.
Pour in batches into blender and puree. Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended. Stir in the nutmeg and serve. You can have Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1/2 of medium chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of half-and-half cream.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of fresh broccoli.
- You need 1 cup of carrot, julienned.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 8 oz of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup is comfort food at its best and tastes just like Panera. This soup is an easy dinner that hits the spot and quick enough for a weeknight. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Add the soup, in batches if needed, to a blender.
Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup step by step
- Saute onion in butter. Set aside..
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half-and-half..
- Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes..
- Add salt and pepper..
- Optional – Puree in a blender and return to heat..
- Add cheese. Stir in nutmeg..
Heat a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium/high heat. I made broccoli cheddar soup many times and non have been this good. I messed up and bought applewood smoked cheddar instead of extra sharp and had no substitute, still, it was soooo good and compliment the smoked paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste. The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup is a thick, rich and creamy soup with chunks of tender broccoli pieces, shredded carrots and a hint of nutmeg all cooked together in melted sharp cheese!