Pan seared brussel sprouts. Pan-searing Brussels sprouts is an easy way to prepare the vegetable, and they come out tasting fresh and toasty, not soggy and overcooked. For delicious brussels sprouts, cook them in very hot oil. The cut side will sear, as will some of the leaves, resulting in a toasty, charred flavor that is irresistible, especially to children.
Ingredients of Pan seared brussel sprouts
- It’s 1 bag of raw brussel sprouts.
- You need of Drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s of Drizzle of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 5 of shakes parmesan cheese.
- It’s to taste of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 5 of shakes Mrs. Dash's garlic & onion seasoning.
This technique for pan seared brussels sprouts is a game changer! The goal is to allow the Brussels sprouts to cook undisturbed so they can form a beautiful crust just like a steak would. There is no need to season them before they go in the pan. Seared brussel sprouts make a fantastic crunchy addition to any meal, and the addition of bacon and portabello mushrooms to this dish really ups the 'oomf' factor of a vegetable that many people Add the Bacon to a pan on medium high heat.
Pan seared brussel sprouts step by step
- Cut brussel sprouts in half. Add to olive to pan, warm over medium-high heat. Transfer sprouts to pan..
- Sprinkle with red wine vinegar, garlic salt, mrs. Dashes & parmesan cheese..
- Occasionally toss in pan, let cook 5-7 minutes. Finish off with parmesan cheese..
Cook until it begins to harden but before it grows crunchy. These Curried Caramelized Brussels Sprouts have the best of both worlds. Brussels Sprouts are pan seareed to caramelize with cumin seeds, then mixed with a tomato onion sauce. Add to olive to pan, warm over medium-high heat. Sauteed brussels sprouts like you've never made!