Beef Stroganoff. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Cook beef in same skillet until brown. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous. Sauté for a few minutes, until the onion is tender. Put the steak back into the pan with the onion and mushrooms. You can make Beef Stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- You need 3 T of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of sirloin or beef tenderloin, thinly sliced into 1/2" strips.
- Prepare 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 c of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 c of sour cream.
- It’s 1 T of dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 pkg (8 oz) of Shirataki noodles, fettuccine style.
Add the cream of mushroom soup and beef broth. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and. Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions. While the noodles are cooking, season the beef with salt and pepper.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- In large skillet, melt 1 T butter. Sear beef working in batches if necessary. Transfer to plate and set aside..
- In skillet, melt 2 T butter. Add mushrooms, garlic and onion and cook 5 min. Add beef, broth, salt and pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min..
- Stir in sour cream and mustard. Cook 1 min. or until heated through..
- Prepare noodles – rinse, drain, dry. Divide into four portions and serve with meat mixture..
Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. This version maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish, combining lean beef and onions with a creamy sauce made of a roux, beef broth, and sour cream. A sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley adds color and flavor to the finished dish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.