Spinach and Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast.
You can make Spinach and Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast
- It’s 10 oz of box Frozen Spinach.
- It’s 1 tbsp of EVOO.
- It’s 1 of Tomato, diced (can sub 15oz can drained diced tomatoes).
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves, crushed.
- It’s of Sprinkles of Dried Basil, Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/3 lbs of boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 c of shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- It’s 6 oz of can Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Rice as side dish.
Spinach and Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast step by step
- Cook the spinach as directed on the package and drain really well.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil, well drained spinach, diced tomato and crushed garlic. Add a few sprinkles of basil and salt and pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until fairly dry and liquid has steamed off..
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Pound out the chicken breasts and place into a slightly greased baking dish. Spoon the spinach and tomato mixture into the chicken breasts. Top with some shredded mozzarella cheese and roll up. Repeat for all the chicken breasts. Spoon any remaining spinach around the chicken in the baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cooked through..
- Make a red sauce by adding the tomato paste and 2 1/2 cans worth of water into a small saucepan. Whisk and add some Italian seasonings and let simmer over low heat until the chicken is finished baking. Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces once done..
- Serve with rice, gluten free dinner rolls or toast.