Chicken Fried Rice. Add the onion and garlic and stir. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat.
Then add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Prep the ingredients: Making fried rice is fast, so have all of your ingredients ready and by the stove. You can have Chicken Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Rice
- Prepare 4 oz of chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of baby corn.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of water chestnuts.
- It’s 1/8 cup of mushroom.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
Dice your chicken into small cubes and salt it, whisk the egg, make sure all the veggies are diced and ready to go. Scramble the egg, then remove it from the pan. You want to cook the egg first so that it doesn't end up overcooking and so that the egg stays in larger pieces. Cooking Fried Rice: Cook in a skillet: In a large skillet or wok, add vegetable oil and soy sauce.
Chicken Fried Rice step by step
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil. Add butter and rice, reduce heat to simmer. Stir as needed, and let cook for 40-45 minutes..
- Cut chicken breast into 3/4" inch cubes. Add to frying pan, cook until internal temperature is 165°F. Season with cayenne pepper, black pepper, cumin, and a pinch of salt. Remove chicken from heat when finished and set aside..
- Place 1 tbsp of oil into frying pan, bring to medium heat and add water chestnuts, baby corn, and mushrooms. Sautée until soft, and remove from heat and set aside. MAKE SURE TO FULLY COOK MUSHROOMS..
- Bring frying pan to medium heat, add eggs, and scramble. When fully cooked, remove from heat and set aside..
- When rice is done cooking, remove from heat, and drain excess water if any. Add 1 tbsp oil to frying pan, and brown rice. Bring to high heat and fry until rice crisps up..
- Combine all ingredients in frying pan and mix over low heat. Sprinkle remaining salt over mix. Cook for 3-5 minutes, remove from heat, and plate..
Add in the chicken and cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Add oil and vegetables: Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender. Stir in chicken, salt and pepper. Add eggs and vegetables; heat through, breaking eggs into small pieces and stirring to combine.