Beef Tenderloin (best recipe). My lovely step-mother, Jan, is one of the best cooks I know! This Beef Tenderloin is one of her specialty recipes, and it is absolutely mouth-watering delicious! I love it because it is quite fast and easy to cook (after the marinating time), yet, it is perfect for special occasion meals, because it tastes like you slaved over it.
Ingredients of Beef Tenderloin (best recipe)
- You need 4 1/2-5 pounds of filet of beef or beef tenderloin whole..
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 2 tbs of chopped ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dry red wine.
- You need 2 tbs of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbs of chopped garlich.
- You need 3 tbs of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
Filet Mignon with Garlic Shrimp Cream Sauce. In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, smashed garlic, and honey. Beef tenderloin is a prime-time special-occasion party food that makes a menu shine. Check out our most-popular tenderloin recipes for a memorable feast.
Beef Tenderloin (best recipe) step by step
- Combine all marinade ingredients in heavy saucepan; mix well..
- Bring just to boiling point..
- Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Place beef in glass, enamel, or stainless steel pan..
- Pour cooled marinade over beef and cover..
- Allow to marinate over night..
- Remove from fridge several hours before roasting..
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Place meat in shallow baking pan and pour marinade over it. (I leave it in the shallow dish in which it marinated overnight.).
- Roast for 20 minutes, basting with marinate from time to time..
- Reduce heat to 350°F..
- Continue roasting another 20 minutes (or until beef reaches desired doneness)..
- Remove from oven and let cool in marinade..
- Cut into thin slices and serve at room temperature..
- Note: This is best served rare to medium rare. It is often done after 40 minutes of roasting, so please be care not to overcook..
Trim the beef tenderloin by removing all the fat, silver sheath and side panel of meat. Cut out the center of the tenderloin by removing the top and bottom portions, leaving only the center portion. Season each side and the ends of the tenderloin with salt and pepper. Take meat out of the oven and cut off the twine. Place a three-pound beef tenderloin roast into a shallow glass baking dish.