Avocado-Corn Salad. You can cook and slice corn off the cob when in season. Add the avocado to the salad just prior to serving to avoid browning. This Avocado Corn Salad is a bright and feel-good salad that's loaded with grilled corn, creamy avocado, cherry tomatoes, and the dressing gives it an amazing fresh flavor.
Combine tomatoes and avocados in a large mixing bowl. Remove corn and cut kernels from cobs into the bowl. Slowly whisk in avocado oil until blended. You can make Avocado-Corn Salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Avocado-Corn Salad
- You need 1 of avocado; diced.
- Prepare 1 packages of of super sweet corn or fresh corn shaved from cob.
- Prepare 1 of Roma tomato; diced.
- It’s 1 of onion of any variety; small dice.
- You need 1 of drizzle olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of of sugar.
Cut corn kernels from the cobs. Peel the poblano and remove and discard the seeds; coarsely chop. Toss the corn kernels, chopped poblano, tomato, cheese and cilantro together in a medium bowl. Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion.
Avocado-Corn Salad instructions
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. Marinate a half hour to a day..
- Variations; crispy bacon, toss with bacon fat, diced bell peppers, roasted bell peppers, arugala, spinach, beans, hot peppers, diced green chiles, shredded cheese.
In a large glass bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients in a glass bowl. Pour over the salad and toss gently to mix. Place the corn in a bowl, then add in diced avocado, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro (and optional jalapeno). In another bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime zest, and chili flakes. Drizzle the dressing over top of the corn salad mixture and toss until well combined.