Taisen's chicken fettuccine alfredo. I wanted to make an Alfredo sauce because my husband loves it and we have tried the store bought ones. So , I went searching for a recipe and came across this except for a few changes that I made. My husband really likes this and so do my kids.
Meanwhile, thinly slice chicken breast into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in. a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Gradually add the half-and-half, peas and cheese. You can have Taisen's chicken fettuccine alfredo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Taisen's chicken fettuccine alfredo
- Prepare 2-4 of big boneless chicken breasts (optional).
- It’s 3 of chicken bullion cubes.
- You need 1 can of peas or any other vegetable (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 sticks of unsalted butter (regular butter will work but it will be very salty).
- It’s 2 cups of finely shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 block of parmesean romano cheese (shred this very fine. This seems to work better than the store bought one already shredded) substitute this for the shredded parmesean cheese if you use this. You can use both as well and that's very good.
- It’s 1 cup of the grated parmesan cheese. The store bought one you usually use for spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to your taste.
- Prepare 1 touch of salt if you used unsalted butter (to your taste).
- Prepare 1 packages of any kind of noodles (cooked).
- It’s 1 of extra parmesan cheese (both kinds and as much or as little as you want).
Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Combine chicken breasts and chicken broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat. This classic Italian dish includes fettuccine tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese, and it's quick and easy to make. S. versions of the dish may include chicken or shrimp.
Taisen's chicken fettuccine alfredo instructions
- Put boneless chicken breasts into a saucepan with water and chicken bouillon cubes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Boil until cooked all the way and place the chicken on a plate to cool. After it is cooled down, shred the chicken.
- In a big saucepan or large frying pan add in your butter. Melt the butter down and then add in your heavy cream. Add pepper and stir..
- Cook some peas or any other vegetable that you want. This is optional. I did peas in butter and pepper.
- Add in your grated parmesan cheese. Stir well. Let that bubble for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly. You don't want this to burn.
- Add in your shredded parmesan cheese and continue to stir and cook. Try to get this as smooth as you can. Cook for at least 20 minutes or until the cheeses melt a good bit and the sauce combines well. If it is to thin you can add either pasta water or the stock from boiling your chicken..
- Add in shredded chicken and stir. Continue to stir and keep hot..
- Cook your noodles in water, a bit of salt and oil. You can also add in a cube or two of chicken bouillon or use the chicken water as well for extra chicken flavor..
- Drain your noodles, and slowly and them into your sauce. Toss to cover and add more if needed. I don't add the whole package, as it isn't enough sauce for my taste..
- You can add in the vegetable if you did one or do what I did and serve that on the side and whoever wants to mix it in can. Add a bit more pepper and cheese if you like. Taste before adding anything ! Serve and enjoy !.
Remove from the heat and add the parmesan cheese to the sauce, stir until it is melted and incorporated in the sauce. Toss the cooked fettuccine into the sauce. Top with the chicken and extra parmesan cheese. To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. Here is how you can achieve it.