Blueberry turnovers. Beginning with the wide end, roll up each crescent around blueberries; pinch both sides to seal completely. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the preserves, cornstarch, brown sugar, and lemon zest. Fold in the fresh blueberries and vanilla, and chill while you cut the.
Remove from heat and let cool. Flakey pastry dough is filled with gooey homemade blueberry filling and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze that make for the most delicious Blueberry Turnovers. Breakfast pastries are my love language. You can make Blueberry turnovers using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry turnovers
- Prepare 1 pkg of frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets.
- It’s 1 can of pie filling (blueberry, Apple, cherry or lemon).
- It’s 1 cup of confectionary sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of Milk.
I love going to bakeries and picking out all of the delicious baked goods. My favorite are the fruit-filled pastries with crispy, flaky crusts. The best blueberry turnovers you will ever have, flaky puff pastry shell that's filled sweet blueberries filling and top with a lemon glaze. We just love Easy Blueberry turnovers and love how the filling oozes out.
Blueberry turnovers instructions
- Gently unfold a sheet of puff pastry. Cut into 4 pieces per sheet. (2 sheets per box).
- Drop 2 tbsp of filling onto a corner of the puff pastry..
- Fold the pastry user the filling to form a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal in the filling..
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown..
- Combine confectionary sugar with vanilla and add 1 tbsp of milk at a time until icing is desired consistency..
- Drizzle icing over warm turnovers. Enjoy!.
Blueberries are excellent, but cherries, strawberries or blackberries would be incredible. You can preheat the oven and make the egg wash (next steps) as they finish up chilling. Egg Wash: Whisk the egg and milk together. If making the dough, prepare the pie crust recipe. In a large bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, and flour.