Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. Great recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. This makes a tasty, quick meal. As always, it is best to shred your own cheese for this.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thick. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Mix in the chicken stock and milk, and season with salt and white pepper. Stovetop} is made without any milk or cream and is still creamy, velvety, and deliciously healthy comfort in a bowl.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe instructions
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Quick, easy, gluten free and kid-friendly! This is the BEST broccoli-cheese soup ever! I made it this week and will toss out all the other broccoli-cheese soup recipes I have in my collection. It is densely laden with veggies and has the thickest creamiest base I've ever tried. I used regular half and half and a quality cheddar cheese.