Fine Caprese Salad. Slice the tomatoes into six wedges each, and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss the ingredients to coat.
Ingredients of Fine Caprese Salad
- You need of Heirloom/Sweet Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Mozzarella.
- You need of Basil.
- It’s of Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
It combines fennel seeds, lemon zest, fresh basil, garlic and oregano with olive oil to make an incredibly aromatic marinade that the mozzarella sits in, soaking up all of those bright, fresh flavors. At the last minute, you add tomatoes of your choice and a sprinkling of good Maldon sea salt. Nothing screams summer to me more than a nice caprese salad! Even after reduced slightly it was more than enough for a light drizzle.
Fine Caprese Salad step by step
- Dry the outside of your mozzarella with paper towel..
- Cut the mozzarella vertically into two half-logs and then slice to desired thickness. Envision how you want your salad to look at the end of the day. Aim for whatever feels the most comfortable..
- Place your cut mozzarella into a shallow bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and lightly cover with garlic infused olive oil..
- Let the mozzarella soak in the oil for about 20 minutes while we prep the tomatoes and basil..
- Rinse and slice the tomatoes in half..
- Cut the basil into ribbons..
- Once the mozzarella has soaked in the oil for 20, use a fork to drain some of the excess oil and begin your plating..
UPDATE: When you work at home you can play with your lunch! I love Caprese salads but sometimes they can be a little bland. The classic recipe calls for just a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of salt and pepper to flavor the salad, so as not to mask the delicate flavor of the mozzarella, but I like to add just a bit more oomph. Here's how: I start by sprinkling the tomatoes with a pinch of sugar, which brings out their natural sweetness. Grilled Bread Salad With Basil and Cherry Tomatoes.