Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti. Pour remaining meat sauce over the top and place the lid on the slow cooker. Add pasta and stir until combined. Add the beef mixture, diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and water into the slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine both jars of pasta sauce and the tomato sauce together. Grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside. This recipe comes together with just a few simple and delicious ingredients. You can make Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- It’s Half of a large onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 Lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare of (2) 24oz jars of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg (beaten).
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 2 Lbs of ziti pasta (uncooked).
- Prepare 6 cups of colby monterey jack cheese.
- It’s of Non stick cooking spray.
All you'll need is one package of ziti pasta, one package of KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, a jar of pasta sauce, POLLY-O original ricotta cheese, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, and fully cooked chicken Italian sausage links. moisture and bake up perfectly. When the noodles are cooked, top with the mozza and Parmesan. If you have a removable ceramic insert, remove and broil the cheese in your oven. until browned and crispy. If you don't, place the slow cooker lid back on and let. the cheese melt.
Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti step by step
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet; Drain fat..
- Return ground beef to skillet and mix both jars of pasta sauce with ground beef; Remove from heat..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the slower cooker to high.
- Spray slower cooker with non stick spray.
- Spoon the sauce into the bottom of the slower cooker; Enough to evenly coat the bottom.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the sauce evenly coated.
- Pour uncooked ziti noodles on top of ricotta cheese evenly coated.
- Sprinkle colby cheese on top of pasta evenly coated.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you reach the top of slow cooker; making sure the final layer is a generous amount of colby cheese.
- Put the top on slow cooker; cook for 4 hours or until pasta is tender. Avoid opening the slow cooker while cooking..
Transfer turkey mixture to slow cooker. Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, salt, pepper and water. Add meat sauce and place lid on slow cooker. Spray entire slow cooker insert with non-stick spray. Cover bottom of slow cooker with sauce.