Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin. Place marinaded tenderloin on hot, oiled grill grates. Place the dry apple or pecan wood chips on the hot side of the grill, opposite of the meat. Dash Worcestershire sauce on meat to taste.
Make the rub: In a small bowl, combine the coffee, salt, brown sugar, black pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Prepare the meat: Fold the thinnest part of the tenderloin (the tail) back and tie with butcher's string. When the rub begins to look wet on the surface, season the tenderloin with the Cattleman's Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub. You can have Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- Prepare of Rub/Marinade.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of coarse salt, sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder, or 5-6 cloves diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground coffee, or instant coffee, espresso powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of onion powder or 1/4cup of minced white onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red pepper flake.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Meat.
- It’s 3 lb of Beef Tenderloin, Roast Beef.
- It’s of apple or pecan wood chips, dry.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Remove the tenderloin and loosely cover with foil. Sprinkle coffee mixture evenly over top and sides of meat; rub in and press lightly with your fingers. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of meat. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high.
Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, except the Worcestershire sauce, and rub all over the tenderloin till completely covered. Marinate covered in refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or for more flavor marinate over night..
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place an oven safe container filled 3/4 of the way with water in oven while preheating for steam and keeping tenderloin moist..
- If using a charcoal grill, place coals mainly to one side of the grill so there's a cool and hot side. Preheat charcoal or gas grill on high. Clean grates very well. Using a paper towel and thongs, rub an olive oil soaked paper towel on the hot grill grates where you will be placing the meat. This prevents sticking of the meat and spices..
- Turn off flame on meat side of grill, or place meat on the cool side of charcoal grill. Place marinaded tenderloin on hot, oiled grill grates. Place the dry apple or pecan wood chips on the hot side of the grill, opposite of the meat. Dash Worcestershire sauce on meat to taste. Close lid and smoke for 20min. Open lid and flip meat. Dash with Worcestershire sauce. Smoke for another 15 min. Remove and take to oven..
- If you have a rib rack, place meat fat side up on baking sheet next to the container or water in the preheated oven..
- Once tenderloin is in 500°F preheated oven, close door, turn off oven and heat and Do Not open for 1-1/2 hr (hour and half)!!! Your oven will act like a Dutch Oven and will slowly cook your cook your meat keeping juices inside the meat. (Bake 30min per pound of meat).
- After cooking time, pull tenderloin out and let rest 10min before cutting. Enjoy!! Slight smoke taste on outside with a subtle, sweet-peppery aftertaste. Can go with so many sides!!.
Return beef to wire rack on baking sheet. Place tenderloin on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. This simple Smoky Sweet Coffee Rub recipe is perfect for steak, brisket, ribs, pork tenderloin, even burgers! Rich notes of dark roast coffee, brown sugar and a little kick from chili and cayenne in this BBQ dry rub will ensure your spot as this summer's master of the grill. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.