Meat sauce Lasagna. I learned to make lasagna from my mother, and think this recipe is so much better than any other lasagna I've tried. Feel free to add green peppers to the meat sauce if that sounds good to you. This simple lasagna is perfect for when you're short on time, but craving a comforting meal.
After simmering, cool and store in the fridge for up to a day before layering the lasagna. From there, it only takes minutes to boil the noodles and assemble the dish before baking until bubbly. Fresh, sliced mozzarella takes this lasagna to the next level. You can have Meat sauce Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Meat sauce Lasagna
- You need 9 of lasagna noodles.
- It’s 3/4 pound of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of ///Tomato meat sauce///.
- It’s 1 pound of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 pound of beef (or pork).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic,minced.
- You need of ☆1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes.
- You need of ☆7 tomatoes, diced.
- It’s of ☆2 can (6 oz) tomato paste.
- It’s of ☆1/2 cup water.
- Prepare of ●2 TBSP sugar.
- Prepare of ●3 TBSP fresh parsley.
- Prepare of ●2 tsp dried basil.
- You need of ●3/4 tsp fennel seed.
- It’s of ●1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- It’s of ●1 tsp salt.
- You need of ●1/4 tsp ground pepper.
- Prepare of ///Ricotta sauce///.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2 TBSP of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions; drain and separate. Lasagna is the ultimate Italian comfort food and it's the perfect make-ahead meal to enjoy on busy weekdays or even laid back weekends.
Meat sauce Lasagna step by step
- In a large pan, medium heat, sauté sausage, ground beef(or Pork) and onion until meat is no longer pink, 8 – 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauce for 1 minute..
- Add all the ingredients of ☆ and season with the ingredients of ●. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, uncovered for 30 minutes (to 1 hour) stirring occasionally..
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water..
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese,parsley, and salt..
- Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 TBSP parmesan cheese. For the second layer skip the ricotta mixture and instead just do it with mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Third layer do the same as 1st one..
- Spray foil with cooking spray (so it won't stick to top of lasagna) and cover.
- Bake, covered for 25 minutes, uncovered 25 minutes. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving..
Tender pasta noodles are layered with a delicious meat sauce, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella. There are only two things you need for great lasagna: a thick, rich, super-meaty meat sauce and lots of it, and a ricotta filling where only the finest cheeses are welcomed. For the sauce, I love a combination of half Italian sausage and half lean ground beef. I also like lots of sauce. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, and bay leaf.