Crockpot baked ziti. Pour remaining meat sauce over the top and place the lid on the slow cooker. Combine ricotta, eggs, and basil in a bowl and stir well. In a large bowl, combine both jars of pasta sauce and the tomato sauce together.
Cover bottom of slow cooker with sauce. Layer pasta on top of sauce. Top with a layer of mozzarella cheese. You can make Crockpot baked ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot baked ziti
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef, turkey or Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of water or chicken broth.
- It’s 1 box of penne or ziti pasta.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Remove from heat, but leave in skillet. Add spoonfuls of three cheese mixture on top of ziti, covering the noodles. HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED ZITI: Brown the ground beef or sausage with the onion in a nonstick skillet, breaking the meat apart as it cooks. Add the garlic, seasonings, pasta sauce, and tomato sauce and set aside.
Crockpot baked ziti step by step
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Stir in garlic and salt and cook 1 minute..
- Add beef mixture, basil, parsley, tomatoes, pasta sauce and water to a 4qt (or larger) slow cooker. Stir..
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours..
- Add pasta and stir until combined. Cover and continue cooking for 20-45 minutes (depending on how hot your slow cooker is) — check and stir at the 20 minute mark..
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted..
Add pasta and stir until combined. Rinse noodles in a colander and set aside. Combine ricotta, egg, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside. Add the beef mixture, diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and water into the slow cooker. Turn your slow cooker on high and add ziti or penne noodles, and stir.