Pork roast with crispy crackling and apple gravy. Ultra tender Pork Roast with an unbelievable crispy pork crackling AND gravy! Made using a simple, highly effective technique for perfect crispy This pork shoulder roast uses a simple but highly effective method to make pork crackle really crispy. Succulent roast pork with crispy crackling and rich gravy.
Ingredients of Pork roast with crispy crackling and apple gravy
- You need 3.5 lb of pork picnic shoulder.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of pure unsweetened apple juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
I love the crackling and enjoy eating it with Home Made Apple Sauce. The beauty of having a roast dinner is that any leftovers can be used the following day, such as roast pork sandwiches, or chopping the. Follow our recipe and cooks tips to produce perfect roast pork with crispy crackling, a simple Bramley apple sauce and gravy. Then thinly slice the pork and serve each portion with some crackling, gravy and a generous spoonful of apple sauce.
Pork roast with crispy crackling and apple gravy step by step
- Pull your roast out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat your oven to 450 F. In a bowl, make a quick rub by mixing together the salt, pepper and garlic powder..
- Season the meat sides of the roast (not the skin) with rub. Place it skin-side up on a roasting tray. Use a sharp knife to poke multiple holes (at least a dozen) about 1 cm into the skin. Put the roast in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Microwave the apple juice until warm. In a small bowl, melt a teaspoon of salt in a splash of water. Remove the roast from the oven and pour the apple juice into the tray. Brush the skin with the salty water, then sprinkle on another pinch of salt onto the wet skin. Tent the tray loosely with foil and put it back in the oven. Turn the heat down to 300 F..
- After 3 hours, pull the roast from the oven. Remove the foil and transfer the meat to a plate. Pour the liquid from the roasting tray through a sieve into a small pot. Return the meat to the tray and put it back into the oven, uncovered. Turn the heat up to 400F. Roast an additional 1 hour or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 F and the skin is a dark, crispy shell. Remove the roast from the oven and let rest, uncovered, for 20 minutes..
- Spoon the film of excess oil from the top of the pot of drippings. Put the pot on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Make a slurry by mixing cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Whisk the slurry into the drippings. Keep whisking until it thickens into a gravy. Add extra salt and pepper as needed and serve beside the pork..
A fantastic aromatic zesty flavouring to the outer slices Good roast potatoes are a must with this dish and our recipe is here. A deliciously juicy pork roast suited for any cut (roast pork belly, loin, shoulder or leg roast) with a crunchy, crispy & golden crackling skin. Perfectly paired with an apple sauce for roast pork or gravy to die for. Apple sauce and crackling – need we say more? Tasty meat, crispy crackling with a beautiful gravy and that little bit extra – an Italian style pork loin with crispy crackling and some apple smoke!