Slow-cooked Three Cheese Broccoli Soup. Add cheese cubes to slow cooker; stir until melted. Slow Cooker Three Cheese Broccoli Soup. I had a great stash of fresh broccoli in my refrigerator.
Hands down, the flavour is outstanding. This is the perfect comforting soup for those cold winter days, so easy to make and oh so satisfying! Pour liquid from skillet in slow cooker. You can make Slow-cooked Three Cheese Broccoli Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Slow-cooked Three Cheese Broccoli Soup
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped, 1 cup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth (4 cups).
- It’s 1 packages of frozen baby broccoli florets, thawed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 8 oz of pepper jack cheese w/ jalapeño peppers, cut into cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (4oz).
Remove lid and stir in nutmeg. Once nutmeg is incorporated, stir in shredded cheeses. Uncover and stir in the evaporated milk. Blend soup with an immersion blender or food processor, use caution as the soup will be very hot.
Slow-cooked Three Cheese Broccoli Soup instructions
- Spray 4-qt slow cooker with cooking spray..
- In 1/2-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion in butter 4 min.,stirring occasionally until tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 min,stirring constantly. Gradually stir in evaporated milk until smooth..
- Pour mixture into slow slow cooker. Stir in broth, broccoli, pepper & salt..
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours (I did mine on high for 2).
- Added cheese cubes and stir until melted. Add cheddar and parmesan cheese. Stir until melted. Sprinkle additional servings with more cheddar if desired..
Stir the salt, pepper, and grated cheese. Add broccoli, broth, milk and pepper. Just before serving, stir soup to combine. Top servings with additional cheddar cheese. Add the broccoli, onion, carrots, chicken broth, cream of celery soup, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker.