My Cucumber Caprese Salad. My Cucumber Caprese Salad Lauren @LaurenCooks Claremore, Oklahoma. A beautiful and delicious take on a traditional Caprese Salad, this Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe is a perfect side dish and super easy to make, this Caprese Salad recipe is loaded with sweet, fresh vegetables. #myitalian. How to make Cucumber Caprese Salad.
Add the basil and balsamic vinaigrette and stir gently. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella slices, and basil leaves in an alternating pattern on a small serving platter until platter is covered. Drizzle olive oil over the salad. You can have My Cucumber Caprese Salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of My Cucumber Caprese Salad
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- It’s 1 of cucumber peeled, seeds scraped with fork, sliced thin & diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh motzerella or 4 motzerella cheese sticks.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion, diced.
Even if you don't have fresh tomatoes or cucumbers growing in your garden, you can use fresh Michigan produce from the farmers market right now. We love going to the Fulton Street Farmers Market on the weekend for fresh fruit and vegetables from local farms. How To Make This Caprese Cucumber Salad: To make this cucumber salad recipe, simply: Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and balsamic glaze: Combine them in a mixing bowl, and toss briefly to combine. Taste and season with S&P: Give the mixture a taste, and season with a generous pinch or two of salt and pepper as needed.
My Cucumber Caprese Salad step by step
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside..
- Peel washed cucumber, scrap the seeds with spoon and slice thin and dice. Add to a medium sized bowl..
- Quarter washed cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers..
- Thinly slice and dice your white onion (of you do not like onion, feel free to omit from the recipe). Add to bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls) or 4 motzerella cheese sticks cut into bite sized pieces (Let's keep it simple.) Add to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion..
- Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well..
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving..
Also, feel free to add more balsamic glaze if you would like. This fresh, crisp caprese salad with cucumbers is my new favorite side for spring and summer. Add an easy balsamic vinaigrette (recipe included) and serve with crusty bread! There's no flavor combination I love in the world more than mozzarella, tomatoes and basil mixed with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. Sliced tomatoes, slice bocconcini cheese and fresh basil.