Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin. It does take a long time, but it's very easy and mostly just requires patience because there is a lot of waiting. A real hit with the men folk! Taste Delicious, Italian-Inspired Dinner Recipes From Classico.
Just trim and then cut up the steaks, and vacuum freeze until you're ready to use them. Here are the easy-to-follow step-by-step of […] One whole (not pieces) pork or beef tenderloin roast. Fresh wilted would be better. • julliened aged, smoked swiss cheese. (didn't have shredded, only sliced). • finely chopped fresh mushrooms • finely diced onions. You can have Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- Prepare 1 of beef tenderloin or brisket.
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of cayenne.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare of Liquid Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 each of bottle of dry red wine such as cabernet sauvignon.
- You need 5 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 each of wine bottles of water.
Get all the secrets by watching the video and getting the recipe. The Traeger Smoker is being used as an outdoor convection oven, with a hint of smoke flavor. Once you try this, you will never cook a beef. Spray the steak lightly all over with olive oil, then season both side generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
Oven – Smoked Beef Tenderloin step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Rub mixture onto meat. Use plastic wrap to tightly wrap the meat and then place in large Ziploc bag. (The meat can then be put in the freezer to be used for later if you like. I usually do two tenderloins at a time; one for now and one for the freezer.).
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 days. (One week is the ideal time! ) More than a week and the meat will go bad!.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Take meat out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes)..
- Place your oven racks in the middle very close together. On the bottom rack, place a large shallow pan. Add 1 TBL of liquid smoke, 1/4 bottle of wine and enough water to make about 1 inch of liquid in the pan..
- Place the meat directly on the top rack over the pan of liquid..
- Smoke for 1 1/2 hours per pound. Every 45 minutes or so check the pan of liquid. As the liquid evaporates, you will need to add more water, wine and liquid smoke. THERE MUST ALWAYS BE LIQUID IN THE PAN! Avoid constantly opening the oven..
- The internal temperature of the meat should be 180°F. When finished, let the meat rest 15 minutes..
- Slice and serve hot!.
- Additional Note: You can use this same recipe in an outdoor smoker, just substitute wood chips for the liquid smoke..
When the oven is ready, heat the skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot. Naturally, the beef tenderloin roast time will be different for this two-temperature method than for a single-temp method. In a small bowl, combine dry rub ingredients. Coat the trimmed beef tenderloin with the olive oil, and liberally apply the dry rub to the tenderloin. Remove the tenderloin from the refrigerator and remove from plastic wrap.