Deconstructed Smoky Pork Burrito. In a small pot, combine rice, three-quarter cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Once boiling, place the chopped kale on top of the rice.
When the pork is cooked through, stir in the kidney beans and tomato purée and cook until heated through. Then stir in the cooked rice. Mix together the topping ingredients and season well. You can make Deconstructed Smoky Pork Burrito using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Deconstructed Smoky Pork Burrito
- It’s 10 oz of Ground Pork.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice.
- You need 1 of Roma Tomato.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Onion.
- It’s 1 of Tex-Mex Paste.
- Prepare 1/4 oz of Cilantro.
- You need 2 tsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 1 Cup of Water.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper, to season.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Red Pepper Flake.
Lastly, warm the flour tortillas in a frying pan, one at a time. Place each on top of a sheet of tin foil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Char-grill corn and capsicum, turning occasionally, until corn and capsicum are just.
Deconstructed Smoky Pork Burrito instructions
- In a small pot, combine rice, three-quarter cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until racist tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve..
- While rice cooks, finally diced tomato. Halve, peel, and cut onion into half inch thick wedges. Mince a few wedges until you have 1tbsp for the salsa. Zest and quarter lime. Core, deseed, and dice poblano. Mince cilantro..
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, a pinch of cilantro, and a big squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt..
- In a second bowl, combine sour cream, paprika, and ground pepper flake. Stir in teaspoon of water until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency..
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium high heat. Add poblano and onion wedges. Season with salt. Cook while stirring occasionally until softened and lightly chard, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a bowl..
- Heat another drizzle of oil and same pan over medium high heat. Add pork and a big pinch of salt. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces until browned, 4 to 6 minutes..
- Stir in Tex-Mex paste and 1/4 cup water until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture is saucy and pork is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Turn off heat..
- Fluff rice with a fork. Stir in lime zest and half the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper..
- Layer rice, pork, charred veggies, salsa, then drizzle crema. Top with any remaining cilantro and pan sauce..
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Wash and dry the fresh produce. Separate the kale leaves from the stems; discard the stems, then roughly chop the leaves. Once boiling, place the chopped kale on top of the rice. Combine sour cream and sriracha sauce in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Preheat a greased char-grill pan over a medium-high heat.