Cauliflower Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
You can have Cauliflower Chicken Enchilada Casserole using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- It’s 3-4 of boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s of Chili powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need of Adobe.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Riced cauliflower.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion/ 3-4 minced garlic cloves.
- It’s 8 oz of sliced mushrooms/ bag of baby spinach.
- Prepare 15 oz of Black beans.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese blend.
- It’s of Red enchilada sauce(mild, medium or spicy).
- It’s packet of Sazon.
- It’s of Vegetable broth.
- You need of Roasted corn (frozen, canned, creamed. Whatever you have on hand) (optional).
Cauliflower Chicken Enchilada Casserole instructions
- Season chicken breasts with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, pepper…
- Sear in a little olive oil ( I used the searing function in my ninja foodie but you can do on a grill as well and then cook through in oven..
- Place chicken breasts on trivet and put back in Ninja foodie on pressure cooker setting. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes..
- Shred chicken when cooled..
- While chicken is cooking, sauté chopped onion and minced garlic in avocado oil and add the riced cauliflower to a skillet..
- Season cauliflower with Adobe, salt and a little chili powder. You can spice this to taste. Add 1/4 cup vegetable broth.
- Remove cauliflower from pan when it is steamed and liquid is absorbed. Consistency should be fluffy.. like rice..
- Clean pan and add remaining oil to pan. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and spinach. You can really add any vegetables in this step. I season with garlic powder and Adobe..
- Once vegetables are cooked through, transfer to a bowl and sautée chopped scallions and garlic in avocado oil. Add drained black beans and packet of Sazon. Add 1/3 cup of vegetable broth. As beans soften I smashed with a spatula. (You can omit this step and use a can of refried beans as well.) Cook until liquid is absorbed..
- Transfer beans to a bowl and sauté drained corn in the hot pan. Add oregano and a little salt. This is just a quick sauté to heat and crisp corn..
- In a separate pan sauté enchilada sauce. You can make your own sauce for this step of you have tomato sauce on hand and Mexican spices. I will add a link for this recipe. Otherwise I like to use an organic red enchilada sauce..
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce for later. Add shredded chicken to sauce and cook on a low flame until mixture bubbles..
- Spray a casserole dish with avocado oil and add a layer of cauliflower rice, pressing down to form a base to build your casserole. I used about half the rice mixture..
- Next add the chicken mixture.. about half..
- Next add the vegetable mixture, bean mixture and 1/2 the cheese in layers..
- Add the remaining chicken mixture and top with the remaining riced cauliflower. The corn gets sprinkled on top with the remaining cheese. I also add the reserved enchilada sauce for the top..
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Broil for the last 5 minutes to toast up the cauliflower..