Bruschetta. This tomato bruschetta with ricotta salata is a perfect appetizer for dinner parties and a definite crowd pleaser. This is a great garlicky bruschetta recipe. Serve it on slices of French bread.
Ingredients of Bruschetta
- It’s 4 of tomatoes (I used plum tomatoes).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of onions.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need leaves of Basil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of roll of ciabatta bread.
Bruschetta (/ b r uː ˈ s k ɛ t ə /, / b r uː ˈ ʃ ɛ t ə /, Italian pronunciation: [bruˈsketta] ()) is an antipasto (starter dish) from Italy consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. Variations may include toppings of tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, or cheese. In Italy, bruschetta is often prepared using a brustolina grill. Bruschetta is a classic Italian antipasto (appetizer) or snack that consists of grilled bread slices rubbed with olive oil and garlic, topped with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and garlic.
Bruschetta step by step
- Start with cutting up the tomatoes in small chunks. Then you mince the onions and the basil. You finely mince the garlic as well into small little pieces..
- Take the tomatoes, onions, basil and garlic and put in a bowl. Put a drizzle of olive oil, the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well..
- Grab your ciabatta roll and start slicing it. Preheat your oven for 400 degrees. Take the slices of bread and drizzle some olive oil on it for added flavor. Put in the oven for about 3 minutes until it gets a bit crisp. Take the bread out and place on a flat plate. Start topping the bruschetta mixture on top of the sliced bread. You can add a little more salt and pepper on top. Enjoy! 🙂.
In Italy, Bruschetta is often prepared using a 'brustolina' grill. This delightful recipe was created as a way of salvaging bread that was about to go stale. In Tuscany, it's known as 'fettunta' and. Ina Garten tops these toasted bread rounds with sweet sauteed peppers and creamy Gorgonzola cheese. In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.