Apple Turnover cake. Slice apples almost to level of pan. Add pieces of butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Use your fingers to press all of the edges together.
Sprinkle with coarse sugar, or cinnamon sugar, if desired. With a sharp knife, cut a few vents into the top of each turnover. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. You can have Apple Turnover cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Apple Turnover cake
- Prepare 6 of Fiji or Gala Appeles (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 4 of Eggs (beaten).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 cup of Butter (non-salted).
Cut remaining butter into thin slices. Starting at a short side of dough, arrange half of the butter slices over two-thirds of rectangle to. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples; cook and stir until apples are just tender.
Apple Turnover cake step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add eggs and vanilla to mixing bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix well until smooth..
- Butter up the cake pan. Arrange the apple slices nicely and evenly on the bottom of the pan (this will be the top of the cake once you turn it over when cooked)..
- Optional: add some more apples (grated) into the batter. Place batter over the arranged apples. Cook for 1hr at 350°F..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake and serve..
Stir in the remaining filling ingredients. Add the butter, castor sugar and vanilla essence to the food processor and whiz until creamy and smooth. Add the eggs and whiz some more. Add the almond meal and whiz again. Add the flour and and milk and whiz for the last time.